Vinyl siding is currently the most popular exterior product on the market. It is made from a PVC plastic resin that is incredibly strong and durable. More homeowners are choosing vinyl for their siding than ever before as it is affordable and available in a large variety of colors and styles.
Benefits Of Vinyl Siding
When it comes to exteriors, looks aren’t everything – luckily, vinyl siding offers many additional benefits as it does not rot or chip, is virtually maintenance free, long lasting and never needs to be repainted:
- Cost Effective - Vinyl costs nearly a third less than the cost of wood siding with much less of the maintenance time and effort that wood requires. This makes it the perfect option for busy people and people on a budget.
- Enhances Your Home’s Energy Efficiency - By combining vinyl for your exterior along with foam board insulation, or by purchasing pre-insulated vinyl siding, you can increase your home’s energy efficiency by up to 25%. This is because the material itself stops the release of heat through the studs of exterior walls, allowing the interior temperature to be more easily maintained. This can save homeowners an immense amount of money in the long run. If given enough time, this type of exterior can essentially pay for itself in the amount of savings it generates. Some areas even offer a tax break for using vinyl for exteriors, which can make it even more economical.
- Highly Customizable - One unique feature of this type of siding is how customizable it is. The material comes in hundreds of colors and textures, making it possible for homeowners to get exactly what they want. There is no need to sacrifice style or aesthetic. The material can even mimic the look and feel of many other materials. If you like the look of oak siding but want the durability and strength of vinyl, then you can find a vinyl oak lookalike that will give you the best of both worlds. Its faux wood look can fool even the most experienced of real estate agents from afar. Many historical homes that have been restored utilize vinyl siding instead of the original wood because of its many perks.
- Low Maintenance - The material is remarkably low-maintenance requiring only minimal cleanings to maintain its look and structural integrity. It also can last dozens of years, so it is unlikely that it will ever have to be replaced while you are in the home.
- Great Durability and Value - Perhaps most importantly, the material is resistant to corrosion, rot, as well as pests like termites. Unlike siding made of metal or wood, vinyl will not dent, chip, or rot. Regardless of whether you have rowdy neighbourhood kids always playing baseball or you live in an area that is prone to frequent hail storms, your vinyl exterior will survive unscathed. It will stand up to just about anything while still being lightweight and easy to install.
Contact Us Today For Exterior Renovations & Repairs
If you come to the conclusion that vinyl siding may be the perfect solution for your property’s needs, then please feel free to contact us to receive your free estimate. We are more than happy to discuss your needs in order to provide you with the best service and best materials at the best price. Fortress Roofing and Exteriors is dedicated to providing excellent service coupled with superb customer satisfaction.
Locations We Serve:
- Bragg Creek
- Black Diamond
- High River
- Red Deer
- Red Deer
- Turner Valley