Fortress is a trusted Calgary Roofing Contractor with many years experience installing and maintaining asphalt shingle roofs in Calgary, MD of Foothills and Southern Alberta.
Asphalt shingles are by far the most common roofing product type used for Calgary roof replacements. Available in a wide variety of stylistic profiles to compliment the unique look of each home, asphalt shingles are an excellent option when considering a product to protect your property and possessions from the elements. Fortress Roofing recommends IKO/CRC Roofing Products and is proud to be recognized as a certified Shield Pro Roofing Contractor. We also offer other product options such as GAF, Malarkey, BP and Owens Corning. For all your roofing and exterior needs, contact Fortress Roofing today!
Benefits Of Asphalt Shingles
- ECONOMICAL - Asphalt shingles are the most affordable roofing product on the market.
- EASY - Asphalt shingles are easy to remove, install and repair, making them a great low-maintenance roofing option.
- GREEN - Asphalt shingles are made of recycled materials and can be recycled again when they.
- LOCAL - Some of our best selling asphalt roofing products are manufactured right here in Calgary.
- PROVEN - Used for over a century, asphalt roofing has a track record with years of research / improvement to back it up.
- CLIMATE - Calgary’s crazy weather is not a problem! Asphalt shingles can be installed on Calgary roofs and across Alberta year round. You can save A LOT of money by getting your roof replaced during the off-season.
- BEAUTY - Available in a variety of colors and styles, asphalt shingles offer more aesthetic options than any other product.
- AND MORE - Asphalt shingles are durable, highly fire resistant, easy to maintain, long lasting and more!
Organic Or Fibreglass?
Asphalt shingles are available in two varieties fibreglass and organic, though organic shingles are quickly becoming a thing of the past. What’s the difference? Both are made out of asphalt covered with granules, it’s the material underneath is the distinguishing factor. “Organic” shingles are made mostly of cardboard, wood and other such “organic” products saturated in asphalt. Fibreglass shingles are made out of a mat of glass fibre (also saturated with asphalt), which strengthens the shingle, making it MUCH more heat resistant and much less likely to tear, crack and curl as your roof ages. Most organic shingles are now discontinued, as fibreglass is a much better alternative in the Calgary roofing market and all over the world.
Locations We Serve:
- Bragg Creek
- Black Diamond
- High River
- Red Deer
- Red Deer
- Turner Valley