These days, finding someone trustworthy and reliable to handle your roofing requirements is not very easy. There are so many people in the same business who have good recommendations and experience so it is almost confusing on whom you should select. To help you out, we have made a simple list to understand what exactly you should be looking for in your roofing contractor.
- The roofer should have his own place of office, a legal license, an identification number, and a reliable telephone number. You cannot just randomly pick someone and assume they would show up if they didn’t have something for you to approach them in cases of emergency.
- Ask your roofing contractor about the proof of insurance. Many a times, there have cases where the documentation was not taken care of and people lost a lot of money by paying for their roofs in disastrous times.
- Make sure the company you are hiring to do the project is financially stable. They would also be able to provide their financial status report too you if ask for it. Being financially stable is a sign that the company is doing well for itself and their work can be trusted.
- Make sure to check the company’s track record. They would be able to provide you with information and client references to look up their work and witness their dedication towards projects being undertaken.
- Make sure your roofing contractor has a list of all the manufacturers whom he deals with for supplies of the materials. Make sure all of them are trusted manufacturers with an approved license.
- Insist on a detail report on what and how the contractor is going to go about with the entire roofing work. Make sure every little detail is documented to avoid future discrepancies. When you have things in writing, the work becomes more lesser stressful and will also provide you the assurance that everything in the long-run will be fine.
- Make sure to understand the warranty the roofing contractor would be offering you. This will be documented so also look over the provisions that could void it. Make everything crystal clear before the work has begun. Clauses don’t often change, so make sure you know what you are in for.
- Make sure that you do not over pay any contractor. You should have your options ready and then carefully evaluate them. By taking one meeting with a contractor would not be enough. You need to see other roofing contractors to help know who is proving you with the best deal.