If you own your home, eventually the time will come for you to consider replacing your roofing material. This process can be a daunting task – especially with so many contractors out there, and so many products to choose from. The following list explains our process for re-roofing and what you can expect if you hire us:
- Call us for an estimate! When you call our office for a re-roofing estimate, our professional staff will take your information and ask some simple questions about your project. We will then book a time for an estimator to visit your property to measure your roof, look for any potential problems, and determine solutions to problems that already exist.
- The first visit. When our estimator comes to your house – you do not need to be at home, but can arrange to be if you would like to discuss anything with him. He will take all of the measurements and important information and return it to the office, where your quote is created and sent to you. Feel free to contact us if you require a meeting with our estimator, or need to see product samples.
- Acceptance of the quote. You will receive a detailed quote within 2-3 business days of the estimator’s first visit to your property. This quote will include a basic price, along with upgrade options for higher-end materials. If you decide to hire us, all we need is a signed copy of the quote, with your color choice – and the work can begin!
- Loading the roof. Once we receive your signed quote – we will call you to schedule an approximate date for the completion of your roof. The order is then placed for your material, which will be delivered to your house before the project begins. Most times, shingles are loaded directly onto your roof, but in some cases, may need to be ‘ground-dropped’.
- The waste container. After material is ordered, we will contact you with approximately 24 to 48 hours notice with the exact start date of your project. At this time – we will order the waste container, which will usually arrive just before the installers do. The waste container will usually go in the driveway (if you have one) so you will need to move your vehicles out of the way.
- Work begins! Our installers will arrive on site – and will be available to answer any questions you may have during the completion of your project. The crew will clean up each day – and will never leave your roof exposed to the elements overnight. At the end of the project – your property will be thoroughly cleared of any debris, including a perimeter sweep with magnetic rake to collect any loose nails. The waste container will be removed shortly after the crew is finished.
- Final inspection. Upon completion of your roof, our office will contact you to arrange payment and schedule a final inspection (we accept payment by cheque, VISA or MasterCard). One of our supervisors will come to your house to inspect your roof and make sure that everything is done correctly and esthetically. We will then collect the final payment and provide you with a package that includes your Workmanship Guarantee, Product Warrantee, Roof Care Guide, and other important information. At this time, our work is done – and you are left totally satisfied – with a new roof that will last for years to come!